Stroke is a complex and confusing disease. There can be a myriad of different situations both mental and physical – that may vary with time. Drugs and treatment may not seem to be working, or what works today may become ineffective tomorrow. The issues most commonly pertain to :
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Speech and and language
- Mental issues – depression, general sense of fatigue, sleepiness or lack of it
- Digestive issues ( as internal organs may as well be impacted by stroke )
- and many other..
We are having a panel of public minded doctors and therapists who have kindly agreed to offer free advice on above issues. Please note the following :
- People seeking advice should be on at least one of our Social Media channels ( the most vibrant of which presently is our WhatsApp group- if you are not on it yet , here is how to be ) . Preferably, they should register on our Forum. Registration on the Forum is a manual process to avoid spam and you may contact us via WhatsApp for the same.
- Once you are registered on the Forum, you can yourself make a query via a Forum Post, as set out here . The inquiry should be made in “Ask The Doctors Forum” . That will enable a faster response. If you are finding it difficult to put the query in the Forum, you may put the same via WhatsApp buttons as showing on this page to us, along with your Name and our Social Media channel you are on. We will then put the inquiry on your behalf, and request the relevant doctors to please address the same.
- It will be better if you have put details of your stroke journey so far in our Introductions forum, which can serve as additional context and help the doctors answering. You are encouraged to do that right away. In case of any difficulty, please contact the Site Admin by any means, preferably WhatsApp.
- The responses of the doctors will be put as replies to your Forum post, and you will as well be advised via our Social Media Channel you are on.
- NOTE : Our standard disclaimer, as listed on each page of this Website applies. Advises as provided here, including mention of any specific drug, are prima facie, and not a replacement for treating doctor’s consult. Further, should you wish to consult any doctor on the panel formally, that should be outside the forum and entirely between you and the concerned doctor with no responsibility accruing to this Website or Stroke Support India in any manner. Also, please note that being a totally VOLUNTARY effort, it is not required that each query will be answered, though we will do our best.
- A note of thanks by you to people taking the trouble to answer will be much appreciated. Again, you can make the same as a reply to your post only, or tell us to ( via WhatsApp ) and we will do the same on your behalf, and close the query.
We really hope this makes the recovery journey of the easier. For any suggestions, or to become part of the panel of doctors ( much appreciated ) you may use the form here , or the WhatsApp buttons on this post.
If you have limited/No information about Stroke, its symptoms and consequences, we STRONGLY suggest you read at least one of the following before you leave this Website, as well as share the links with your friends and family. You may save someone from sudden death or being crippled for life !
* Be fast – Stroke Symptoms in English with Videos of Actual Strokes
* स्ट्रोक (आघात) – हिंदी में कुछ जानकारी
* In Gujarati – જ્યારે સ્ટ્રોક આવે ત્યારે BE FAST
* In Bengali – Be Fast – দ্রুত !
* In Odiya – ଷ୍ଟ୍ରୋକ: ମୃତ୍ୟୁ ଅଥବା ଶାରୀରିକ/ମାନସିକ ଅସମର୍ଥ