Supporters of Stroke Support India
Here you will find short profiles of some people who are actively supporting and helping the mission of Stroke Support India. Their support is gratefully acknowledged.
Dr. Sureshkumar Kamalakannan
Dr. Suresh is an Associate professor for Public Health Foundation of India with qualifications and academic research expertise in the areas of Occupational therapy, Public Health disability – (Health systems and Policy) and Epidemiology. In addition, he is an active author of the Cochrane Collaboration, International practitioner member of the Faculty of Public Health UK. He provides support to the national program for disabled children (RBSK) in India as a technical resource group member and is part of the advisory for the government disability department of Telangana State and the editorial board of All India OT Association in India. Recently he was also nominated to contribute as a member of the International Networking Group task force for refugee empowerment at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.
He is an Early Career Fellow in clinical and public health for the Wellcome Trust (India Alliance) evaluating the effectiveness of a Technology-enabled educational intervention for stroke survivors in India through a clinical trial. He is also a visiting fellow for the International Centre for Evidence in Disability at LSHTM. He currently co-investigates a project funded by MRC-UK to develop a stroke caregiver intervention for strengthening health system in Malaysia and also a NIHR Funded research related to promoting Universal Health Coverage for stroke survivors in South Africa.
S. Sivakumar, popularly known as Siva, is a stroke survivor/warrior, who is highly self-motivated and determined on getting his life back on track He has 30 years in the corporate world in India and the Middle East combined, under his belt. His corporate career ranged from:
- Packing and removals
- Oilfield Refinery & oilfield related services
- Intl. Tax and Audit Consultants
- Media (DTH)
- Pharma R&D
- Self-employed Management Consultant
- Stroke Survivor/Warrior, Author & Digipreneur
He currently lives in Hyderabad, India, with his family. He recently had his first novel, Major Rudraksha, published. You can read about his personal stroke journey at: www.bheeman.org
An Indian humanitarian advocate of brain health, cognition & communication neuro SLP.
- Asst Prof in Speech Pathology at Bharati Vidyapeeth University’s Medical College, School Of Audiology Speech language Pathology, Pune, MH , India since 2011
- Honorary Consultant Speech Pathologist at Neurology Dept ,Deenanath Mangeshkar Superspeciality Charity Hospital, Bajaj Allianz Epilepsy Surgery Charity Centre DMH , Pune India
- Volunteer And Advisor Of Aphasia Stroke Association Of India
- Coordinator and Founding Member Of SIG CLINICAL APHASIOLOGY , Indian Speech Language Hearing Association ISHA
- Convenor Neuro SLP Group Indian Federation Of Neurorehabilitation
- Expert Committee Member Of Aphasiology- Indian Academy Of Neurology
Areas of Interest :Aphasiology & Cognitive Neuroscience ; Neurorehabilitation; Stroke, Epilepsy, Dementia, MCI & healthy Aging ; Education & Humanities in Medical & Allied health Education,; Patient advocacy
- Life member of Rehabilitation Council of India
- Member of IFNR ( LM 127)
- ISHA , IAN , WFNR, NFOSD & NSPI, Pune.
Dr. Vijay Bathina
A Neuro Physiotherapist with Special practice interest in Hand rehabilitation, Gait training, Stroke Research & Coma stimulation
Current positions :
- Director – Rehabilitation & Research Ucchvas Transitional care Centre ,Hyderabad
- Asst. Professor – Dr. NTR University Allied Sciences
- Clinical Mentor – PHEEZEE-Startoon Labs
- Chief Innovator – I Brain – Mapping & Therapy Approach (Swiss)
- Chief Innovator – AIRA – Sport joint Device (USA)
MPT, Fellowship in Neuro-Rehabilitation, Certification for Non-invasive Brain Stimulation, Certification for Pain & Palliative Care, Certification for Pulmonary Rehab, Certification for Ortho Manual Therapy, Certification for Cognitive Rehab, PGDHHM
- Best Research Paper on Stroke Recovery Mapping & Therapy Planning – Dubai 2017
- Dr. Sancheti National Award – Best Rehabilitation Professional – Pune 2020
- Mentor Neuro Rehab Projects – Neuro Nexus Technologies, CA
- Partner & Clinical mentor – Startoon Labs – Digital Assessment Tool – “PHEEZEE™”, which is developed by IIT-Madras/IIM Alumni
- Collaborated with IPTA/University of Montana (USA) as a resource person for T-DPT Course
- An Engineer / MBA, Lawyer and a Patent Agent by qualifications and with about 35 years of varied corporate experiencing both in India and abroad.
- Started this Website (https://strokesupport.in ) in 2013, consequent to experiences had while looking after his mother who suffered a stroke in 2006 and was bed-ridden for about six years before her expiry in 2012. Also started developing presence on various Social Media such as Facebook, LinkedIn etc. to raise stroke awareness and support stroke survivors and their families.
- Started a WhatsApp group in November 2019 for the mission of Stroke Support India. A vibrant and active group presently with members both from India and elsewhere.
Mr. Rajender Soni has a Master’s Degree in Accounting and rich experience of more than thirty years with large Corporates in domains of Information Technology, Systems, Finance and Accounts, Taxation and Operations. He has also been on board of some companies. Presently he serves as an Advisor to few companies such as Sycom Projects Consultants and Sabs Architects & Engineers, and as treasurer of Nav Anubhuti Welfare Society.
An MBA and Engineer by qualification, Pradeep Dadlani is the founder and President of Nav Anubhuti Welfare Society that was founded in 2013, and a Director of Sycom Projects Consultants since 1987 . He is also an accredited Environmental Safeguards Specialist with The World Bank, and has over 30 years of experience in sectors such as Environment, Forestry, Water Health and Sanitation, Local empowerment, Waste Management, Industry, Tourism and Infrastructure. He has donned many roles such as Team Leader, Sector Expert, Waste Management Expert, Environment and Social Safeguards Specialist,and has worked in many countries including India, Nepal, Middle East, Bangladesh, Australia, Indonesia, South Latin American Countries etc. He oversees all project activities at Sycom Projects and Nav Anubhuti Welfare Society and is the main contact point for various donor agencies .
Jayanta has done his BPT in 2005, followed by a Certificate in Counseling in 2007. In 2010 he completed his PG Diploma in Gerontology and in 201 M. Sc. in Dementia Studies. Since 2005 he has been working in the community as a freelance physiotherapist and has gradually shifted his interest to care of the elderly. Presently he is working as a Care Consultant for Older people with ailments like Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia. Other activities include:
- Program Coordinator for Elderly Care Services, an organization looking after the medico-socio-psychological needs of older and ailing people
- Founder Trustee of Jibon Probaha Trust, looking after the needs of economically marginal older people in the community and also in working for inter-generation understanding and co-existence
- Life member of Celebrating Life Foundation, a social trust looking after the value education of school and college students
- Member/Volunteer of Stroke Foundation of Bengal, the West Bengal Chapter of World Stroke Foundation.
This page will be updated as and when required.
If you have limited/No information about Stroke, its symptoms and consequences, we STRONGLY suggest you read at least one of the following before you leave this Website, as well as share the links with your friends and family. You may save someone from sudden death or being crippled for life !
* Be fast – Stroke Symptoms in English with Videos of Actual Strokes
* स्ट्रोक (आघात) – हिंदी में कुछ जानकारी
* In Gujarati – જ્યારે સ્ટ્રોક આવે ત્યારે BE FAST
* In Bengali – Be Fast – দ্রুত !
* In Odiya – ଷ୍ଟ୍ରୋକ: ମୃତ୍ୟୁ ଅଥବା ଶାରୀରିକ/ମାନସିକ ଅସମର୍ଥ
Join other Stroke Survivors, Caregivers and equipment/service providers for help, encouragement , knowledge sharing and most importantly – hope – via:
** Whatsapp Group: https://strokesupport.in/contact/
** ALL other means to connect with us, including Social Media Groups and Channels on Telegram, LinkedIn, Facebook ( in many local Indian Languages) , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube ; as well as means of Volunteering, giving Feedback, sharing your inputs etc. may all be found at :
Please DO have a look and join in wherever convenient as well as share.
Thank you VERY MUCH !
If you would like to join us in providing support to Stroke Patients and Caregivers – by your knowledge, experience or simply encouragement , please share the articles on this Website amongst your friends, Social Media etc. as you feel appropriate. To talk to us on any aspect relevant, please use the Contact form.