Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[7/29, 5:23 PM] Rahul Behl: Can I ask one thing also pls

[7/29, 5:34 PM] Rahul Behl: Shud I give Baclof 20 od to my wife …she is having foot drop ..spacicity ..calf side v stiff and hand fingers are stiff ….any side effects pls ? As she has to do speech therapy also…if no side effect then shud I giv

[7/29, 5:34 PM] Akshay Patil: Can you open her hand passively

[7/29, 5:35 PM] Rahul Behl: Yes ye

[7/29, 5:35 PM] Akshay Patil: Ok and how much she walks

[7/29, 5:37 PM] Rahul Behl: She walks a lot.more than 1 hour a day.But the heel doesn’t touch the floor

[7/29, 6:17 PM] Akshay Patil: Coming to this I will advise against it, stretching is more good and when hand tone a bit more reduced ,hand weight bearing exercise

[7/29, 6:37 PM] Rahul Behl: Oh so it won’t be cured and I shud not give this medicin

[7/29, 6:57 PM] Akshay Patil: The reason is baclofen can give temporary relief but not a permanent solution plus it can affect mobility

[7/29, 9:25 PM] Rahul Behl: Is it so I should not take thsi medicine…don’t know why neurologist recommended

[7/29, 9:28 PM] Sunish Thoniyan Nanu: I don’t know if it will affect mobility . To my experience the therapist and neurologist said to me that it will help u remove spasticity and do the exercises. For some it creates dizziness like in me . It differs from patient to patient so u have to try first and see how ur therapist can help . If it doesn’t work well then inform ur doctor and therapist

[7/29, 10:03 PM] Banasri Gupta: I am talking baclofen from initial stage. First 6 months the dose was 5mg-5mg-10mg. Next 6 months doctor increased the dose to 10mg thrice. Doctor suggested I should not stop it suddenly. I think  it helped me with spasticity

[7/29, 10:26 PM] Akshay Patil: If recommended you should

[7/29, 10:26 PM] Akshay Patil: Mine have specifically asked me to restrain

[7/29, 10:30 PM] Bharti Dhankani: You should follow your neurologist’s instructions. They recommend what is needed keeping your specific case in mind. Each individual case is different. There is no general rule applicable to all

[7/30, 9:40 AM] Dr. Melitta Menezes: Hello… Baclofen is a medicine used to manage spasticity, your doctor would have prescribed it based on your condition at that time and regulates the dose again depending on condition.  Baclofen cannot be stopped suddenly, it can lead to seizures, the dose is gradually tapered by the neurologist

Spasticity is to be managed by a combination of medicine, splints and exercises,

Wishing you well.

Admin
      Keymaster

From TG group

Akansha:

Hi, in our case baclofen (suggested by the therapist )didnt help my husband and led to siezures. Plz consult with your doc accordingly.
      We were told by our neuro that it weakens the threshold of the muscles and leads to siezures.

In some cases, might be helpful if taken with controlled dosage and under guidance of neuro.

phalguni Arasanaghatta:
      My father was also advised to take liofen 10 – but we avoided . We are trying through physiotherapy. For him shoulder stiffness is the issue. Physiotherapist said better to manage through exercises than pumping in medications

Coz,he is already having some sensitivity issue for the existing medicines..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.