Home Forums Physio and Occupational Therapy Botox for muscle spasticity

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[6/4, 6:25 PM] Varun Mittal: Anyone using botox injections for muscle spascity

[6/4, 6:25 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: I have used

[6/4, 6:26 PM] Varun Mittal: How was experience

[6/4, 6:28 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: But because of the mind controls everything or the brain, even you take the botox injection, you will fine , but only for a couple of days

[6/4, 6:28 PM] Varun Mittal: On internet it says effective for 3-4 months

[6/4, 6:29 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: No , I am taken in my legs and hands

[6/4, 6:29 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: But they last only for a month

[6/4, 6:30 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: Expensive

[6/4, 6:31 PM] Varun Mittal: Did u have severe spascity or less severe

[6/4, 6:32 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: I have taken in NIMHANS, government hospital, the cost was Rs 25k , but you take a private hospital, cost should be around 1 lac

[6/4, 6:32 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: Severe

[6/4, 6:33 PM] Varun Mittal: So what are u using currently

[6/4, 6:33 PM] Varun Mittal: Brace?

[6/4, 6:33 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: I have left it

[6/4, 6:33 PM] Varun Mittal: Spascity recovered?

[6/4, 6:34 PM] Sharad Tekalkote: No

[6/4, 6:48 PM] Srinivas Pyati: It’s approximately 75k in Pune

[6/4, 7:07 PM] Geetha Krishna: Same in Chennai too in SIMS hopsital but unfortunately before even the effects could kick in my mother got a fracture in her affected arm so it wore off .

[6/4, 7:35 PM] Jitendra Varshney: I spent 42 k in kolkata

[6/4, 7:35 PM] Jitendra Varshney: But again it depends on how many unit you are given

[6/4, 7:39 PM] Varun Mittal: Cosmatic surgery website show 7-21k in delhi

[6/4, 7:48 PM] Girish Mattikop: Can u share the link plz

[6/4, 7:49 PM] Varun Mittal: http://www.carewellmedihub.com/skin-tightening-anti-aging/botox-treatment-in-delhi.php

[6/4, 7:51 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: To my mind there must be a lot of difference between the two treatments, so a comparison may be misleading.

[6/4, 7:52 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Does any have had any adverse effects due botox injections ?

[6/4, 8:07 PM] Vandana Tanna: Homeopathy helps in reducing spasticity.

I hv used it for my husband and it has helped.

But its very crucial to find a good homeopathic doctor

[6/4, 8:12 PM] Geetha Krishna: Is it tablets in homeopathy

[6/4, 8:12 PM] Vandana Tanna: Yes

[6/4, 8:28 PM] Andre Rozario: Hello Ma’am, how long did your husband have to take the homeopathic meds before he started seeing results?

[6/4, 8:29 PM] Vandana Tanna: The results were seen within a month’s time.

[6/4, 8:44 PM] Srinivas Pyati: Yes the cost of injection is not much but the cost is towards the skillset of the doctor providing the procedure there are very few having the expertise of Botox treatment for stroke patients

But there are plenty for cosmetic treatments

[6/4, 10:23 PM] Sreekanth Kesava: Ive had botox injection on the jaw to loosen it . Didnt help much.

Botox near Salivary glands for reducing salivation. I think that helped for 6-8 months and tapered off slowly.

I had botox for the oesophagus opening. It wasnt opening at all it helped initiate some fluid swallowing so i could get rid of the trachiostomy. There has been no perceivable improvement in swallowing beyond. I cant make out if the effect has gone away..

Ive had a filler gel (mostly used in cosmetic surgery) injected to my vocal chord as one of was not moving and the gap not closing. That helped with aspiration a bit. It should last a year. Lets see..

Some of these were in Mumbai and others in Bangalore.

I an unaware of the cost. It should vary by hospital as there was cost of medicine + surgeon cost + all hospital services.

Don’t know what portion, if any, was covered by insurance.

[6/4, 10:25 PM] Varun Mittal: I dont think insurance cover anything like that..did u get any side effect post it

[6/4, 10:27 PM] Sreekanth Kesava: I didn’t personally experience any side effects . Other’s experience may differ…

Admin
      Keymaster

https://www.facebook.com/groups/YoungStrokesCharleston/permalink/2576212839192355/

Here are some comments from a FB thread similar (Thread started 26th May 23 )

Lisa Lipscomb
      Question?: I’m curious about the people that has or had spasticity/high tone. How long did it take to go away or get better etc? I have it a good bit in my arm and leg. My arm is almost all the way good except for my shoulder. I take medication for it. I get discouraged at times with it but I remind myself that I am blessed on how far I have come. I’m very thankful my stroke wasn’t any worse than it was. But the spasticity does make me feel down at times so I wanted to hear from people that have and are currently experiencing it.

Paul George Popa
      For me it went away after smoking weed and self massages. But smoking is not good, so now I make my own tincture

Paea Peipi
      the nurse tried to tell my husband one joint is equivalent to 30 cigarettes I don’t for one minute believe that

Paea Peipi
      when she said pffft came out of my mouth I said what a load of bullshit

James Johnson
      def is. I make my own stuff but i do get cartridges to vape and a few things from the dispensary

Dave Lark
      magic butter machine

Dave Lark
      I make gummy bears with an oil extraction no marijana flavour there the best

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      Dave Lark what is that lol

Paul George Popa
      Dave Lark can you give me the link to this recipe please 🙏?

James Johnson
      Dave Lark with the butane extraction method??

Lynn Cecilia
      6yrs out and I still have it. I get botox and take Tizanidine for it.

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      Lynn Cecilia does the botox help? I’m scared to get botox for some reason

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      It’s 4 months since my stroke. I’ve worked the spasticity out of my hand and arm. Also a very little in my leg. I stretch it daily

Christina Webber Allen
      Lisa Lipscomb ya I should get it in my legs but I only can get 400 units my arm, shoulder,elbow and finger flexors need it more

Ernest Abraham
      Lisa Lipscomb this is what’s so frustrating for me. my arm gets stretched daily along with my hand, I wear my splint almost all day and when it’s off I’m moving the fingers with my unaffected hand yet I still have it. and my OT can’t really do much 🙃 … See more

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      Ernest Abraham thank you, my arm and hand got better pretty quickly but my shoulder has not. It feels a little better but not much and my foot and leg has it pretty bad. I’m praying that it at least eventually goes 90% away. I’m just an Impatient person 🥴

Dave Lark
      Cbd oil

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      Dave Lark cbd oil helps?

Dave Lark
      Lisa Lipscomb stopped my spasticity

Lisa LipscombAuthor
      That’s awesome!

Dima Amer
      Dave Lark is it really good? My hand is so tight I’m willing to try it

Dave Lark
      Dima Amer get onto it

Laura Brown Price
      14 months out. Still have in my arm and comes and goes in my leg.

Dave Lark
      Laura Brown Price cbd oil

Laura Brown Price
      Dave Lark yes thank you this does help. I use it on my face too to help with the burning.

Dave Lark
      Laura Brown Price I might put some on my hand it burns to face is just numb

Laura Brown Price
      Dave Lark I have some that doesn’t burn it’s great I think it’s called Holy Trinity.

Dave Lark
      I’m in Australia I get what I can the stuff I get is from Charlott web strain

Kandi Poynter
      I have it very bad in arm from shoulder to fingers. Fingers are always curled. Leg not as bad I only have a few stiff muscles there. Can be miserable! I’m 18 months post and still have it! Making me crazy

James Cunningham
      Im 18 post and have it bad in arm fro shoulder to fingers and leg is bad

Spiros Sotiropoulos
      For my self the cold makes it worse but heat and stretching make my calf less spastic but I have to stretch my calf at least 15 min a day on the daily

Michael Harrison
      What’s discouraging is I’ve come a lot an amazingly long way, but yet I have an amazingly long way to go.that can be pretty discouraging.I’m so far removed from my former abilities and that’s discouraging cuz I like working with my hands building and m… See more

Ron Reddam
      Years, still not the same but better. Tried everything legally approved.

Eric Sabo
      My left hand was clenched for ten years. I recently started Botox shots in my forearm to loosen my hand and it is working really well. Just working on my fine motor skills. I had on round in March and my next round of shots june 15

Randolph Mitchell
      My Ot told me it never goes away

Jeffrey Haynes
      Mines not went away it’s mines really bad getting Botox in the morning for it

Michael Harrison
      There’s all kinds of bummers as a result of the stroke the main spastic reflects I have is in my left foot wants to point all the time and sometimes it causes me to nearly trip my voice changed as a result of the stroke and I used to be able to sing now I can’t carry tune in the bucket I can’t even carry a bucket

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.