Home Forums Stroke Awareness, Symptoms, Pre-existing Conditions.. Can head injury cause stroke ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[7/16, 6:03 PM] Satyalakshmi Rao: Dear Members

I am Satyalaxmi Rao,,,a banker for 36 years and took VRS for my passion in HR…

I am settled in Bangalore …

In the year 2017,I slipped down on the road from a moving bus,,, immediately nothing happened as people nearby picked me up and helped me to stand on my feet…I walked back to my residence not having the courage to board another bus…

Two months passed by with me continuing my routine as usual….But on 26th April 2017,in the morning,I suddenly felt blank and was not able to handle the bathroom flush…I somehow managed and came out ..Then I sat on a chair and tried to message to the bank regarding my not attending office on that day,but to my horror I was not able to form one single sentence…

My son came and I started crying for which he consoled and asked me to rest .

Later in the morning he took me to hospital and doctor diagnosed as heart attack,,,for which my concious did not accept,,

After consultation with 2 other doctors MRI was done….

The third doctor asked me if I had any head injury earlier or had I fallen any time

Then I remembered about the bus incident

And doctor informed that blood clots were found at the back of the head which has to be treated via medication only ….Ecosprin I continued for more than a year and slowly the clots disappeared..

Here I would like to thank my family (husband and 2 son’s)who stood by me like pillars and motivated me to be fully active physically and mentally …

It was my strong will power also,where I completely kept my brains engaged ….

Humble suggestion never to think that you are sick or incapable,,,but try to push yourself forward to get back your normalcy

[7/16, 6:29 PM] Anandhi Giridhar: A fall also gives rise to clots and subsequently a stroke?

[7/16, 6:35 PM] Manjunath Bharamagouda Marigoudar: Almost a Same thing happened with me when I was 19 year old.. I stood up after sitting for a long time, and i went blank and fell down. I was unconscious for few minutes and woke up blank. Luckily after going through multiple MRI scans it was confirmed that there is no clot. Yet I was i formed to be careful in the future.

[7/16, 6:42 PM] Manjunath Bharamagouda Marigoudar: Yes any major hits to the head can lead to such dangerous outcomes. Just to address, during a fight one of MMA fighter got hit on the back side of his head. He was ok at the beginning but after few months his struggle started.

So according to my doctor any major hits to head should not be ignored and should keep having a health check ups regularly.. atleast once in year, to avoid any problem.

[7/16, 6:46 PM] Akshay Patil: Yes , I have a footballer friend aged 20,she was having recurring headache for quite a bit time but MRI was not done and then one day when a football hit her head during playing ,she had stroke and collapsed on ground

[7/16, 6:47 PM] Akshay Patil: But after rigorous physiotherapy for more than a year now , she is recovering great, having functional use of hand from almost February this year

[7/16, 7:00 PM] Satyalakshmi Rao: This happened with my father

In the morning he took bath and while coming slipped from just one step attached to the bathroom door….He got up did pooja,had breakfast and left for office..

In the afternoon he used to come for lunch

He had lunch and just lied down on the sofa for a short nap… suddenly he started vomiting too much and fell down with the whole room full of it ..

An ambulance was called and he went into coma and in the same condition left for heavenly abode….

He had blood clotted on his head

[7/16, 8:05 PM] Dr. Melitta Menezes: Since such an incident was discussed with my husband’s colleague just ystrday, sharing here…

The patient was complaining of headaches accompanied by vomiting since 4-5 days..

MRI done revealed clots ( medically known as subdural haematoma)

It has been drained today , hopefully we will see good recovery ?

[7/16, 8:07 PM] Dr. Melitta Menezes: As a caution, any head injury such as fall, being hit on the head , especially in kids and elderly should not to be taken lightly.. get it checked throughly by a neurologist…

Also persistent headaches with vomiting are a sign of increased pressure in the brain and need immediate medical attention and intervention… do not delay…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.