Home Forums Mental Matters Depression and lack of motivation

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[4/13, 8:09 PM] Rajesh Singh: Please don’t take it in negative way , 1am surprise to say that after stroke survival means Iam alive but from my view its better to die that day instead of surviving with life time disablities
      [4/13, 8:22 PM] S. Sivakumar: Why such negativity, my friend? Be thankful for being alive. It means you are one of the chosen ones like the rest of us for a special purpose. You have got a second chance in this lifetime! How many people can boast of that? You have a chance to make your life meaningful. So do that instead of lamenting. You will be rewarded for that at the appropriate time. If you want to talk and let out your feelings, pls feel free to call me.
      [4/13, 8:22 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: I think you mean ‘ disappointed’ instead of surprised. You have expressed similarly earlier as well. As perhaps discussed then also, Imho, you can view life negatively or positively. The choice is yours. The efforts in both cases is pretty much the same. Better to view it positively – as is said, you see the world as you want to see it.
      [4/13, 8:23 PM] Prashant Khot: Trust, disability goes for sure
      [4/13, 8:24 PM] Prashant Khot: Listen I have statues doing gym in my home, things have changed for me
      [4/13, 8:24 PM] Prashant Khot: I do it only for 5-8 mins but never miss a day
      [4/13, 8:25 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: That is positive determination and discipline. Better to focus on that ??
      [4/13, 8:25 PM] Prashant Khot: For me time don’t matter what matters is daily effort, dint mind how small it is
      [4/13, 8:27 PM] S. Sivakumar: Yes. Stroke is a life changing event. You find you can do things that you thought were impossible. You have the power to do it. You develop new talents. So, go for it. Believe in yourself.
      [4/13, 8:28 PM] S. Sivakumar: Prashant : I love your spirit and determination.
      [4/13, 8:31 PM] Pooja: Dad is also goes into that mode of not wanting to live.. Although all our lives he has been the one.. Most disciplined, positive & determined.. Now it seems the stroke has broken him
      [4/13, 8:31 PM] Bharti Dhankani: The best part is that stroke is not degenerative in nature like MS and Parkinsons. It gets better with time. So keep the spirit alive. The worst is over.
      My two cents
      [4/13, 8:33 PM] Prashant Khot: No stroke hasn’t but probably you going down has made him mentally weak
      [4/13, 8:34 PM] Prashant Khot: So it’s your responsibility to keep him positive
      [4/13, 8:34 PM] Prashant Khot: Take my word, change the way you look at lite
      [4/13, 8:34 PM] S. Sivakumar: Fantastic.
      [4/13, 8:35 PM] Anandhi Giridhar: Motivating words. In fact the stroke changes every one’s life in the family.
      And then we also found each other through Sodhiji.
      [4/13, 8:38 PM] S. Sivakumar: I admit tgat I too have had bouts like that and that is when I looked at my family and told myself that their efforts and sacrifices should not be in vain and I have to do something to keep them provided for after my time ( whenever that is). I am working on that just like the bamboo tree.
      [4/13, 8:45 PM] Rajesh Singh: OK sorry for my negative commnt
      [4/13, 8:47 PM] Prashant Khot: We are all in same boat let’s steer it to shore, all together
      [4/13, 8:47 PM] Arvind Chittor: Soo much negativity. take me in a wrong way. We all are lucky to be alive I’ve seen people dying in front of me. It’s just a phase. Please don’t go in deep thoughts of the dark side. Get lured to the bright side always buddy. We are all going through the same things. If your in sales there is affiliate marketing groups you can join to put your skills to work.
      [4/13, 8:49 PM] S. Sivakumar: No need to be sorry. It is understandable. YOU need to work on it. We are all here to help each other. So, hang in there.
      [4/13, 8:49 PM] Rajesh Singh: No not for that I tried many times since its 2 years my love ones left me and no one is left with me only my fsmily
      [4/13, 8:50 PM] Prashant Khot: What else and who else we need tan family
      [4/13, 8:51 PM] Rajesh Singh: Yes but I love to settle with my own family ,that is more hurting me but I will do it
      [4/13, 8:58 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: That is the spirit…you WILL do it…keep that alive and rest falls in place ??
      [4/13, 8:59 PM] Rajesh Singh: Yes sure I will ,my friend keep challenging me I want that challenge
      [4/13, 9:00 PM] Bharti Dhankani: You mean your spouse abandoned you and you just have your own parents…is that so? Then you need counseling. Please talk to a good
      [4/13, 9:00 PM] Arvind Chittor: I learned that the hard way? now i trust only my family more than anyone
      [4/13, 9:00 PM] Arvind Chittor: Soo much moral and physical support.
      [4/13, 9:01 PM] Arvind Chittor: I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them.
      [4/13, 9:03 PM] Arvind Chittor: Just stick them closely as possible. It will get you through tough and good times☺️ don’t ever loose hope man.if you want someone to talk to please feel free to call me anytime or just drop a message. So I’ll call back.
      [4/13, 9:13 PM] Smitha Antony: Have u completely recovered in 4 years?
      Wat about speech
      My husband also had Haemeragic stroke
      His speech also affected
      His motivation level to do exercises is very low.
      [4/13, 9:24 PM] Arvind Chittor: There must always be a target to make progress in recovery. Any target like Going back to running the family, or start working again. Will help him in every way possible. Keep motivating him. He needs that the most. Family support is the top priority in any recovery. Regardless of stroke. Keep him engaged and happy. Involve yourself in his daily therapies so you know what to do and Don’t for speeding the recovery. Just an idea from my experience. Hope it may help. Wishes for his complete recovery. Don’t stress out. He’s going to recover. Needs some time though.. stay positive and keep him cheered up. Make n help him do things he like the most. Happy mind recover faster.
      [4/13, 9:35 PM] Arvind Chittor: Small steps with care always takes you closer to a righteous path
      Goodnight ?
      [4/13, 9:38 PM] Pooja: Actually we lost mum in 2019.. They were married 49 years.. And that rely broke dad.. Right him out of that also took us a few months.. We did not let him stay alone.. Neither he wanted to be alone.. But after the stroke he said u should have let me go..
      [4/13, 9:39 PM] Pooja: *We brought him out of it .. It took a few months..
      [4/13, 9:41 PM] Pooja: It’s heartbreaking.. I’m sure for everyone.. But we the caretakers have to be very very strong…
      [4/13, 9:44 PM] Arvind Chittor: Super spirited advice. My care givers are both 60+ imagine what they have to go through looking after a young grown man. They are very strong. At times I feel myself weekend than them. But get over it eventually
      [4/13, 9:45 PM] Pooja: ??thank u.. That is indeed super spirited advice
      [4/13, 9:59 PM] S. Sivakumar: We understimate our elder’s spirit and steadfastness. The love they have for us. Your turn will come to take care of them too. Don’t falter then. ??
      [4/13, 10:00 PM] Arvind Chittor: Lol. I believe the same. I’m mentally preparing myself for that already
      [4/13, 10:03 PM] S. Sivakumar: Can’t blame him then since the his life partner ‘left’ him to be ‘ alone ‘ and face life. But, that is where you guys come in to try and fill that void. I am sure you are but with the stroke it is an uphill task. I wish you well. ??
      [4/13, 10:03 PM] Prashant Khot: Love you man
      [4/13, 10:04 PM] Prashant Khot: Be strong
      [4/13, 10:04 PM] Prashant Khot: Make us also stronger
      [4/13, 10:05 PM] Arvind Chittor: Definitely. I’m here only to spread positive energies
      [4/13, 10:05 PM] Arvind Chittor: ?☺️ Small steps with care always takes you closer to a righteous path
      Goodnight ?
      [4/13, 10:06 PM] S. Sivakumar: Rafhunath in our group, in Palakkad, is an inspiration for me as he is a 60+ stroke survivor, single, taking care of his 80+ mom who is suffering from dementia.

Hats off to him. I salute that man.
      [4/13, 10:06 PM] S. Sivakumar: * oops. Raghunath…
      [4/13, 10:11 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Indeed, that is such a great, great effort from @⁨Raghunath Menon⁩ ?????? Hope he can come in with some words.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.