Home Forums Alternative Remedies Etanercept – the miracle injection ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[4/10, 10:34 AM] Arvind Chittor:

[4/10, 10:50 AM] Arvind Chittor: I’m not sure if the trials have completed. Because no one have idea of what might be long term side effects like after 30 years or so. Taking shortcuts always makes things worse from my experiences. Suggest no one get lured to this new medicine. It’s not safe from where I see it.

[4/10, 10:53 AM] S. Sivakumar: I have seen this earlier. While interesting and attention grabbing I doubt the authenticity. I would tread on caution and nor believe everything on the internet. Pls take informed decisions.

[4/10, 10:56 AM] S. Sivakumar: Similarly, check out INR 1080p videos on you tube. Ir will blow your mind but again I doubt the authenticity.

[4/10, 10:57 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Indeed amazing. And for sure one needs to be circumspect..let us find out more…do the doctors on this group have any inputs / views ?

[4/10, 10:58 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4589468/

Above some recent research on latest drug developments…will read more later, but does give hope…

[4/10, 11:04 AM] Bharti Dhankani: It is the same etarnacept injected through spine for treatment of arthritis and Parkinsons. It is now believed to be a cure of Stroke too.

[4/10, 11:05 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Here is some more input. It is Etanercept it seems, with only one practitioner as of date of article…

https://www.flintrehab.com/etanercept-stroke/#:~:text=For%20the%20treatment%20of%20stroke,drug%20to%20enter%20the%20brain.

[4/10, 11:05 AM] Bharti Dhankani: And only one place you get it from Florida US

[4/10, 11:06 AM] S. Sivakumar: If so, why are there no articles on it anywhere? No publicity anywhere!!??

[4/10, 11:07 AM] Bharti Dhankani: It’s a controversial treatment. No sufficient trials have been conducted. Only one doctor believes in it and has also not been FDA approved.

[4/10, 11:08 AM] Bharti Dhankani: Search INR Florida on you tube

[4/10, 11:09 AM] S. Sivakumar: Which means it is not approved for mass use. You are taking a chance by going to only one doctor/clinic offering this!!

[4/10, 11:09 AM] Bharti Dhankani: Exactly. So justlike stem- cell type of treatment it is not approved as such.

[4/10, 11:10 AM] S. Sivakumar: Exactly.

[4/10, 11:13 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Catch-22, isn’t it ? For trials, one needs patients. Patients will prefer not to risk but work only with ‘approved’ therapies. Difficult loop to get out of.

[4/10, 11:14 AM] Bharti Dhankani: But people may be 10 treats down the line with extreme cognitive malfunctions may have nothing to loose by trying

[4/10, 11:15 AM] S. Sivakumar: Human trials are done only after animal trials are done and on written consent of the candidates.

[4/10, 11:15 AM] Bharti Dhankani: It promises to cure patient s decades after stroke

[4/10, 11:19 AM] S. Sivakumar: From my work experience in pharma R&D , I gathered it takes about 8-10 years and about a billion dollars before any new drug is tested approved for commercial usage. I may be wrong. Experts in this can advice.

[4/10, 11:21 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Indeed. Could be a very, very strong lure for some. At the same time, the Flint article points out the risks.

I think it depends upon the adviser’s background and experience as well. And all may fully believe in whatever they are proposing, for the simple reason their experiences lie only in that…which is why all the more important to seek alternate advices when one is stuck on a complicated stroke related issue..

[4/10, 11:48 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: True. Which is why many ‘alternative remedies’ may remain just that. Wonder what could be the way out….

Admin
      Keymaster

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 12:40, Stroke Support India <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Would be interested in knowing the results all the same. Would appreciate if you could keep me posted.

Thanks

Best Regards

Hardeep

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021, 12:38 PM Vincent Thijs <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Hardeep,
      Unfortunately we are currently only recruiting in Australia and New Zealand.
      Vincent

Sent: Monday, July 12, 2021 7:03 PM
      To: PESTO <[email protected]>
      Subject: [EXT] The Pesto Trial
      Hi !

I refer to following post on FB :

The PESTO trial is looking at whether a drug called etanercept (which is commonly used to treat other illnesses), is effective in helping relieve some symptoms of stroke.
      The project was one of the recipients of the $1 million ‘Return to life, return to work’ clinical research grants for 2019, from the MRFF and Stroke Foundation.

As a Stroke Support Group we are keen to know the latest in stroke treatment. Am Wondering if Indians ( based in India) can participate in this trial and if so, how.

Would appreciate a revert, thanks.

Hardeep Sodhi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.