Home Forums Physio and Occupational Therapy FES for fingers curling

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[6/21, 1:37 PM] Rahul Behl: Hi all , one query pls
      [6/21, 1:38 PM] Rahul Behl: If electric stimulation – currents are useful for hand wrist ? My phsyiotherpist advised to take the currents twice a week for her wrist as fingers are still tight and do not open on its own..pls advise ?
      [6/21, 1:48 PM] Forum Shroff: No it won’t be helpful
      [6/21, 1:53 PM] Manas Sadana: In what cases are these stimulation (currents) helpful then ?
      [6/21, 2:16 PM] Dr. Melitta Menezes: Functional electrical stimulation is different from transcutaneous electrical stimulation … The former is beneficial, latter has limited effects.. it was described in the session on spasticity.. sharing link below again…
      [6/21, 2:16 PM] Dr. Melitta Menezes: https://youtu.be/r91NhZdGuiA
      I am not sure if I put this here earlier, but may help to see again as spasticity is often discussed here..
      Spasticity and its Physiotherapeutic Management
      Recording of chat with Dr. Melitta Menezes.
      Various aspects of spasticity and means to manage it were discussed. Will help all Stroke affected since spasticity is a pretty common issue.
      [6/21, 3:20 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: It will be useful to have actual experiences. Anybody here using FES for hand finger curling ? How many sessions ? Cost ? Results till now ?
      [6/21, 3:42 PM] Jitendra Varshney: I took few sessions of 600 rs each. It’s just activating group of muscles which works together but I think should take more sessions to see the effects
      [6/21, 4:04 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: How many sessions you took ? And whatvwas the result thereafter , and why did you discontinue ?
      [6/21, 4:11 PM] Jitendra Varshney: I took 15 sessions only did not see much benefit so stopped
      [6/21, 4:14 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Oh, ok, did the PT initially give an estimate of number of sessions required or was it an open ended ‘try and see’ kind of situation ?
      [6/21, 4:24 PM] Jitendra Varshney: No
      [6/21, 6:04 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Thanks for your inputs..as I understand, the PT did not give an initial estimate of number of sessions and you stopped after 15 since till then there was not much benefit, though you feel if you had continued you may have had some improvements. Please correct me if I am wrong.
      [6/21, 6:11 PM] Jitendra Varshney: ??

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.