Home Forums Medications, Supplements, Diets Generic Medicines

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

Hardeep Sodhi:

https://www.pharmaguideline.com/2014/03/how-to-know-generic-equivalents-for-branded-medicines.html?m=1
      There are discussions here sometimes on how to find cheaper generic alternatives to much more expensive branded medicines. Here is a website that provides some suggestions. There are some other apps also.
      What is your experience on this ? Are you using any ? What is it the equivalent of ? Does one need the doctor’s go ahead or can one do the substitution oneself based on what these apps say ?
      What is the opinion of experts ?

AKSHAY Patil:
      Also this new zenohealth app is quite good for getting generic medicine alternatives

Check out “Zeno Health(Generico) – Medicine at true price”
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zenohealth.android

Hardeep Sodhi:
      Great Akshay – let us share our experience on generic medicines to help all…which ones are you using presently , what was the equivalent brand name, and what is the price difference approximately ?

AKSHAY Patil:
      Was using levipill syrup 5ml twice a day price was more than rs.400 for 10day doses

Shubh:
      I’m using levipil 1g tablet

Currently we are using –
      Levipil
      Amantrel
      Donamem
      Modalert
      Cap A to Z
      Xareleto
      Rejunex
      Cital Syp

AKSHAY Patil:
      But on zeno health app the generic medicine is available at 136.78 for levetiracetam 500mg tab for 10days that’s 20tablets

Shubh:
      Until doc says till then cant shift to generic medicine

AKSHAY Patil:
      Also if someone don’t want to use generic medicine tata 1mg is great way to find best alternative from reputed brands

Shubh:
      So i have a distributor in contact who gives me almost 15-18% off and same day delivery.

AKSHAY Patil:
      It’s almost 20%on 1mg app

Shubh:
      Before i used to order from online, but i have faced late delivery issues many times.

Not always, seasonal. And 1mg takes time to deliver.

AKSHAY Patil:
      Discount are always but deliver y take 5-7 days yes

Shubh:
      Yes sir and i don’t want that, so i prefer the distributor. Sometimes gives me offers like one free strip over 5+ strips etc.

Hardeep Sodhi:
      So no generics, relying on discounts from dealer etc, right ?

Shubh:
      Yes

Doc says generics can be risky because the manufacturer sometimes fail to maintain protocol. And i just want to play safe dont want to take risk.

Hardeep Sodhi:
      What is the generic equivalent and how much would it cost for ten days dose ?

Interesting. Do others have similar suggestions from their doctors ?

AKSHAY Patil:
      I personally use Levepsy 500tabs by Cipla it’s the cheapest branded medicine available for levetiracetam it costs almost Rs.1.5 more than generic per tablet that’s inclusive of 20%discount offered by 1mg

Hardeep Sodhi:
      Sorry not clear….what are you using now instead of levipill syrup 5 ml , twice daily. And how much is it saving you a month ? Is your treating doctor approving the substitution ?

AKSHAY Patil:
      Yes ,he has approved the substitution

Saving around Rs.750 with this substitution

I m using tablet Levepsy 500mg twice a day,same content and same dosage

Hardeep Sodhi:
      Great ??

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.