Home Forums Miscellaneous Hiccups after stroke

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[12/1, 2:20 PM] Nandini: Anyone can guide on how you are managing frequent hiccups after stroke? My mother has started getting hiccups in the middle of the night from the last one week. Is it something to be concerned about?
      [12/1, 2:24 PM] Arvind Chittor: Nothing to worry. Nothing related to her stroke. Hiccups are normal.
      [12/1, 2:26 PM] Arvind Chittor: Just because we had a serious health issue, we tend to stress on every small thing happening. Which is usually termed as PTSD that I’ve seen in lot of my fellow warriors and myself too. Now I’ve reversed the taught to ” it’s nothing to worry”, would suggest the same to you n all.
      [12/1, 2:39 PM] Sunish Thoniyan Nanu: Change the sleeping position. Hickups is associated with ur diaphragm contraction . At times u might get pain as well in that area . I had the same . Went to my doctor and he told me to change the way I keep pillow and sides. If the hiccup is continuous and non stop then it needs to be checked is what I was told . He also told check on the food I consume . So u do the same . If it persists then meet the doctor .
      [12/1, 2:46 PM] Mitali Sharma: Post-stroke hiccups could be due to lesion in a certain area of brain. When was the stroke? Since when is she having hiccups?
      [12/1, 2:51 PM] Nandini: July 2020. From the last one week, post midnight, her hiccups state
      [12/1, 5:25 PM] Akshay Patil: I too had them in first 2months after stroke but they subsided without any treatment
      [12/1, 5:52 PM] Nandini: Thank you
      [12/1, 5:52 PM] Nandini: She is completely bedridden

1. An article in layman’s language including medications to watch out for

https://healthfully.com/what-causes-hiccups-while-you-sleep-4624310.html

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.