Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[1/27, 9:19 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Jennifer on our TG had the following experience to share…may also help some here…
      ——–
      For me also toe movements are difficult, but my PT suggested(cryo or ice therapy). Put a sheet or towel on the floor, place 4-5 ice cubes, put your foot on the sheet such that the the toes touch the ice cubes. I can see toes now flicker after 3 weeks.
      [1/27, 10:26 AM] Aparna Bhattacharjee: Yes Sir…I was also told to do this….ice therapy works wonders… it helped my hand fingers also…which are all free now….
      [1/27, 11:52 AM] Aparna Bhattacharjee: Sir I would also like to add a few tips…
      [1/27, 11:59 AM] Aparna Bhattacharjee: 1. Take some ice cubes in a handkerchief…. not a napkin because handkerchiefs are thinner than napkin….and keep applying it to the paralyzed part…

2. It is like a small electric current that passes through that body part…a mini shock…which forces the brain & body to react simultaneously…

3. Don’t keep the ice cubes on the affected part for a very long time…or else the patient might get frostbites… and then further medications will have to be taken… just keep patting it with ice cubes till the patients body gets used to the cold current passing…

4. Please be careful while doing ice therapy during cold season…patient is susceptible to catching cold…
      [1/27, 12:02 PM] Aparna Bhattacharjee: Last but not the least I have used ice therapy not only for my hands & feet fingers.. I have used it on my affected arm also… touchwood my arm is also free…As Jennifer said the results come slowly but they definitely come….

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.