Tagged: ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[6/11, 3:30 PM] Preetha Basu: Hello everyone. I am Preetha from Kolkata. My father suffered an intracranial hemorrhage last week and was rushed to hospital immediately. He was put on a partial ventilator, he underwent a surgery to reduce the haemorrhage and currently is in the ICU and has gone through a tracheostomy surgery.
      My father has always been a very fit man with no health issues whatsoever and professionally he is a civil engineer who has lived across the globe. The pandemic stalled his work and we believe the same depression got to him.
      While doctors are saying his road to recovery is a long one, my mother and I are having a hard time understanding this new disease that has changed our lives. He is unable to move his left hand, he is moving his left leg very slightly, he is unable to speak and is only communicating via nodding and shaking his head.
      [6/11, 3:32 PM] Preetha Basu: We are looking to hear from someone who has been through a similar situation or knows someone who has been through the same. We want to know what are the chances of his complete recovery, the timeline and how we can get him the best help possible and what we can do to catalyse his prospects. Any response will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!
      [6/11, 3:38 PM] Vandana Tanna: Hi Preetha

My husband too suffered from intracranial hemorrhage and had tracheostomy.

I know exactly what you mean…

For starters, ask him to write and communicate. That will help him express his feelings.
      Or u can ask him yes/ no questions which he can answer in gestures..
      Thumbs up for Yes and thumbs down for No
      [6/11, 3:39 PM] Vandana Tanna: Each case is different and nobody would be able to give u any timelines…
      Whats most important is that you and your mother remain positive and optimistic
      [6/11, 3:44 PM] Nick: @⁨Preetha Basu⁩ i am a severe haemorrahigc stroke survivor from the UK, my only real advice I can share with you is to be patient and all the family stay strong as the recovery journey is a long one. I am 8 years post stroke now and I love helping others who are experiencing similar issues. Should you need any further information you can take a look at our website but as I say we are in the UK. @⁨Hardeep Sodhi⁩ is a great guy and Im sure he and the other group members will help you, your dad and the wider family – God bless
      [6/11, 3:49 PM] Preetha Basu: Hello Vandana. Thank you for your response.
      My father is responding by nodding to say yes and shaking his head to say no. Can you please tell me a little more about your husband’s encounter with the stroke and how he is doing now? Since the case is so similar to my dad’s.
      [6/11, 3:50 PM] Preetha Basu: Thank you for sharing Nick. May I request you to share your story with me as well. It may do a world of good to us.
      [6/11, 3:53 PM] Nick: @⁨Preetha Basu⁩ I had a large bleed to the LHS rear of my brain, no warning signs whatsoever but I was in a very stress full job, reasonably fit as an ex footballer here in the UK, even played at Old Trafford but the stress caused hypertension and hence the bleed but I survived and started strokeinformation here in the UK but we will help anyone anywhere
      [6/11, 9:44 PM] Mohit Jadhwani: Hi preetha, be very patient with your dad, he will throw tantrums,self pity( think y it happened to him) holding ppl responsible for his situation.
      You n your mom have to be very calm in every situation,it’s very difficult in the start.

If possible take him to I-Ams, Bangalore.

Best wishes,stay strong,
      [6/11, 10:16 PM] Arvind Chittor: Thank you Mohit ji to cheer her up. Like you said its very important for the care givers to Motivate and understand the patient to boost their recovery. Well said, patience is the key along with strong prayers and heart.
      [6/12, 12:02 AM] Girish Mattikop: Hi preetha… Life will change but the best part is u all are there together.. I had a stroke a year ago..I am 48 … I jogged for 8kms few hr before my stroke.. In my case i lost my self completely to the shocks.. I barely spoke to anyone for 5month… I have been extremely difficult. For my wife to handle…icould not move for 5months now I walk independent ly In my house without support…my hand is not at function yet but I feel like my leg my hand also will get better
      [6/12, 12:04 AM] Girish Mattikop: Few tips wat I feel helped me is…. My wife ultered our lifes but did not change it
      [6/12, 12:07 AM] Girish Mattikop: I use to fall out for fresh air in the morning prestroke …she took me out in the fresh air post stroke but I used to be on wheel chair …!
      [6/12, 12:13 AM] Girish Mattikop: I used hate having bath…but there is not even one day I remember I did not feel fresh…. My food was always served on dinning table along with my family…! First few days ihad difficulty coz I had not connect tomy hand n mouth but with time I learnt it..

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.