Home Forums Miscellaneous Itching

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

phalguni Arasanaghatta:

Hi all joined this group just now. My father suffered a stroke after his Bypass left paralysis last December. Since then he has been recovering with medications and physiotherapy and is able to walk around with support. He is also gaining some amount of strength in the left hand. But from past 4 months he is complaining of severe itching and we are not able to find a solution yet. He is on blood thinners, cholesterol control, bp control medicines. Wanted to know if skin itching is stroke side effect? Any solution to this? We consulted dermatologist and he is on antihistamines. He has not got complete relief. Please let me know if you have any info in this regard

My father is 74yrs old

Hardeep Sodhi:

All prayers and best wishes for your father. Hope this group helps and please share your inputs too.

Itching after stroke, though rare, is not unknown. It may also be the side effect of medications he may be on. Check for those and other causes such as clothes etc. Found this which may as well help :

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/01.STR.30.3.692

Shruthi:

Hi Phalguni, my father too had severe itching and severe allergy after bypass. Now it has reduced to some extent after 4years. He regularly applies aloe vera gel and says it has soothing effect. Earlier he used nivea cream. He says it helped to.

subhash b:

As Sodhiji said, please evaluate whether it is side effect of any medivine, allopathy medicines have lot of side effects which are not disclosed or informed forehand

phalguni Arasanaghatta:

Yes clopitab is suspected to be the culprit

Thanks Shruthi I sincerely hope his condition improves with time. For now he is on Allegra and some topical cream to heal the wounds formed due to scratching. Will try alovera gel

True had a discussion with doctors in this as well. They say my father has shown stability in clopitab, and they would be hesitant to replace it. So we need to mitigate the sensitivity issue

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.