Home Forums Physio and Occupational Therapy Knee Hypertension

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[6/18, 6:11 PM] Akshay Patil: Any suggestions to stop knee hyper-extension while walking after stroke?

Bharti Dhankani :

Sunish

I had the same issue , consulted many couldn’t find a solution . At last I started to walk slowly focusing not to put much force in the affected leg rather move it fast to the other. With months I slowly started to give more strength on the affected leg not letting it push backward . Then I realized if the heel goes first then things are cool . Started to focus on that and gradually it’s giving me a good posture and hyper extension has almost gone away to 80% . With few more months I think it will vanish .
      All those shared on the YouTube I did in the initial days of my stroke . I was told that time to have control on the leg , I used to do cycling pattern lifting the leg. So many small exercises but then those were before I could really walk on .
      So which all helps lord only knows . I would say try urself all seeing the mirror . This was the mantra I followed . I go to gym and walk in front of mirror when none in the room so that I have the freedom to try all my drama stunts ??. It used to be funny but then I used to enjoy . My walk and styles used to be like dance movements of prabudeva or nagesh old tamil actor . I say Iam too good , my walk is like their dance . With time and our determination we will walk well don’t use any supports is my advice if it’s not that necessary.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.