Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[2/22, 3:14 PM] Shahnaaz Darsot Patel: My husband had a seizure last night.

Is it serious should I worry ?

They’ve sedated him n put him back on a ventilator.

[2/22, 6:24 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Sometimes seizures do happen after stroke. And frequently they lessen /go away soon after either on its own or after medications.

It is good that your husband is under care of experts who can decide much better what to do.

Worrying , though natural, doesn’t really help. One can only hope and pray for best outcomes in such situations.

Here is a good writeup on seizures after stroke :

https://www.stroke.org.uk/effects-of-stroke/physical-effects-of-stroke/seizures-and-epilepsy-after-stroke

[2/22, 6:25 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: What is the experience of members here in seizures ? What happened ? What seemed to work ? Please share, thanks.

[2/22, 9:15 PM] Priya Prasad: I have seen my mom have seizures twice after stroke. It happened both the times when she had very little dinner and hence had a steep drop in blood sugar levels. After this incident, I have been closely monitoring her diet as well as her medication. So managing this far

[2/23, 9:07 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Yes indeed both low sugar and low salt can lead to seizures. For high BP patients who are anyway sensitized to reducing salt , this can become a major issue if not monitored carefully. Even drugs being taken can lead to low sodium levels .

This explains :

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/expert-answers/low-blood-sodium/faq-20058465#:~:text=Low%20blood%20sodium%20is%20common,seizures%2C%20coma%20and%20even%20death.

[2/23, 1:52 PM] Anandhi Giridhar: I was never told about seizures could happen after a stroke. My husband had falls while walking 4-5 times . Only in Dec an EEG was done after he was admitted with internal bleeding and swelling ,which revealed the seizures and he now on anti epileptic meds. If I had known earlier or informed by the neurologist I would never have left my husband to walk on his own

[2/23, 7:59 PM] Hardeep Sodhi: Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis happens often with this disease, as we have seen earlier as well….which is why increasing awareness of self as well as all around is so so important. All prayers and best wishes for Giridhar ji ??????

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.