• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Keymaster

[8/12, 7:26 AM] Parambath Shenod: Smoking is a high risk factor for stroke

[8/12, 7:27 AM] Parambath Shenod: I would advice our stroke survivors not to be passive smokers too

[8/12, 7:29 AM] Vipin Madan: My dad never smoked, he still got it. I get it that it’s cancerous n all. I don’t smoke too by the way. Good morning everyone!

[8/12, 7:36 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Was a reason identified ?

[8/12, 7:39 AM] Vipin Madan: No- Doctors at PG Chandigarh were not very communicative. We just heard that there was a blood clot developed that caused it. We ourselves tried to link it to the fact that he had Covishield vaccine’s second dose 20-22 days back. But there is no scientific reason to connect. These were just our thoughts. Did any one in the group got a reason given to them?

[8/12, 7:42 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Interesting. Did he have any issues such as high cholesterol before ? Did you explicitly ask the reason and get a clear ‘ don’t know’ response ?

While post Covid clots is a factor being talked about, whether vaccine itself causes such clotting is not.

[8/12, 7:45 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: https://m.timesofindia.com/india/how-big-is-risk-of-clots-from-covishield/amp_articleshow/82172111.cms

Reading up, covishield causing clots seems to be a very rare occurrence…

[8/12, 7:45 AM] Vipin Madan: Yes – we asked for the reason for clotting. He had never had high cholesterol. My dad was pretty active prior to Covid like walking 5 km every day. I just did not know one thing before hand which we should had taken the opinion from a doctor on that sometimes his hand used to go numb and post massage, it used to become better in 15-30 min.

[8/12, 7:46 AM] Vijay Bathina: My opinion :

Uncontrolled hypertension Smoking ,Alcohol,Lifestyle are risk factors among these a doctor cannot really specify a reason ,Vaccine causing strokes are very rare to see that too still data have to come in yet to confirm the same.

Moderate rates vaccine induced GBS,Movement disorders they got admitted with us and recovered significantly vaccine induced stroke have also admitted a very few even they got recovered well with in no time

[8/12, 7:47 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Yes that hand getting numb should have been investigated more…sign of a TIA …

[8/12, 7:47 AM] Vipin Madan: What is GBS?

[8/12, 7:48 AM] Vijay Bathina: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/guillain-barre-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20362793

[8/12, 7:49 AM] Vijay Bathina: ☝️Till pre Covid I have seen GBS as auto immune but 3 cases have reported in last 1-1.5 yrs with Vaccine but all of them got recovered well

[8/12, 7:52 AM] Vipin Madan: This is one regret I have. After reading on it, it had to have been reviewed. I more of connected it with like when we sit too long, we have little numbness developed in the foot.

[8/12, 7:54 AM] Vipin Madan: No, my dad had none of these. There was never a hypertension situation or high blood pressure situation.

[8/12, 7:56 AM] Parambath Shenod: There has to be some reason. Before my stroke I never been to a doctor never taken even an injection in life . Am 48

[8/12, 7:57 AM] Vijay Bathina: Yes about 30% people doesn’t have any risk factor or family history over last 5 yrs I was working in a speciality stroke rehabilitation institute I have seen people very healthy still they get massive attacks reason Wht I felt was Mental stress or lack of regular health checks to the larger extent which I could find but nonspecificity still exists

[8/12, 7:58 AM] Vipin Madan: Good morning Shenoy ji, what did doctor tell you as your reason?

[8/12, 7:58 AM] Parambath Shenod: Smoking

[8/12, 7:59 AM] Parambath Shenod: Even now after stroke if I smell cigarette I start sweating

[8/12, 8:01 AM] Vipin Madan: Okay, sorry to hear that. Did you develop a blood clot like my dad?

[8/12, 8:01 AM] Jitendra Varshney: It’s all destiny smoking. Nobody can tell exact reason. In my case I used to smoke hardly 3 to 4 cig per day but I had the strokeyes but my lifestyle was very disturbed

[8/12, 8:02 AM] Parambath Shenod: They did mention about clot

[8/12, 8:02 AM] Vipin Madan: Can you describe life style? Was it less sleep or less exercise?

[8/12, 8:03 AM] Parambath Shenod: Life style was very era tic and stressful

[8/12, 8:04 AM] Parambath Shenod: Exercise was there I used to walk a lot not with the intention of exercise but generally

[8/12, 8:04 AM] Jitendra Varshney: Yeah less sleep , lot of stress.

[8/12, 8:05 AM] Jitendra Varshney: I know the people who are gym freek and had stroke while gyming

[8/12, 8:05 AM] Jitendra Varshney: And running

[8/12, 8:05 AM] Parambath Shenod: I had stroke while travelling in bus and was without medical attention for almost 7-8 hours

[8/12, 8:06 AM] Jitendra Varshney: So it’s all destiny and may be karma

[8/12, 8:10 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Stress is a major risk factor, even if one is apparently physically fit. Maybe @⁨Syed Asif Hussain⁩ has some experiences to share here…

And yes, one can take some solace in destiny, but perhaps sensitising others may lead them to a better lifestyle and so a longer time disease-free.

[8/12, 8:13 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Syed Ji was /is a martial arts practitioner. So was Sharad Tekalkote. @⁨Sonal Goregaoker⁩ was also very fit. All have also recovered well …their physical fitness and discipline prior surely helped them.

[8/12, 8:16 AM] Akshay Patil: Healthy people also have unknown health conditions they don’t know of but when a thorough investigation happens due to stroke ,they are highlighted

[8/12, 8:19 AM] Akshay Patil: Sometimes all these conditions require is some catalyst to trigger the clotting without them , these conditions can go unnoticed for entire life if an event like stroke doesn’t happen

[8/12, 8:20 AM] Parambath Shenod: So true

[8/12, 8:21 AM] Akshay Patil: Hypertension is the most known and dangerous catalyst among them I believe

[8/12, 8:29 AM] Hardeep Sodhi: Yes hypertension…which may be due high stress as well is the top….see :

[8/12, 8:30 AM] Srinivas Pyati: Yes I too am a victim of smoking leading to my stroke

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.