Wheelchair for the disabled
This seems like it will be a strong help to people who have become paralytic due stroke. A takeoff on a wheelchair, but with a LOT of modifications to make it very suitable for the handicapped and the paralytic. Find the video demonstrating this wheelchair below.
Find more about the crowdfunding campaign here .
Support the campaign if you can. Hope it comes to market- particularly to India- at an affordable cost ! India is a very cost sensitive market.
And it seems they have got a patent on this.
Some features claimed :
- Incredible functionality
- Maneuverability, steering, and driving is the same as in a regular wheelchair
- Leg support with wheels excludes possibility of falling forward
- Allows to interact with others eye-to-eye and reach higher surfaces
- Is able to drive up to any table or counter-top
- Allows user to reach the floor
- Safely drives at high speeds and on lateral inclined surfaces
- Adjustable length of the leg extension for sitting and lying
- User can transfer from bed to StepRover without any help
- Allows users to take care of their medical and hygiene needs without aid
- Can be used as an ambulance stretcher in an emergency
- Allows easier transfer of a user from and to StepRover
- Gives the nurse an ability to transfer a user without bending
- Range of tilting & reclining prevents bedsores and improves blood circulation
- Able to climb on and descend from a surface level
- Enters and exits buildings without ramps
- Able to get into or get out of an unmodified vehicle
- Able to step over different kinds of obstacles like curbs, logs, etc.
- Allows you to drive over rough terrain, such as snow mounds and sand
Have anything / experience helpful for stroke survivors ? Comment /contact/join in ! Thanks a lot .
Join other Stroke Survivors, Caregivers and equipment/service providers for help, encouragement , knowledge sharing and most importantly – hope – via:
** Telegram Global Stroke Support Group : https://t.me/strokesupportgroup
** Whatsapp Group: https://strokesupport.in/contact/
ALL other means to connect with us, including Social Media Groups and Channels on Telegram, LinkedIn, Facebook ( in many local Indian Languages) , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube ; as well as means of Volunteering, giving Feedback, sharing your inputs etc. may all be found at :
Please DO have a look and join in wherever convenient as well as share.
Thank you VERY MUCH !