Want to know more about our WhatsApp Group ?
General Rules of the Stroke Support Whatsapp Group
- Please introduce yourself immediately upon joining. Just a small introduction – name, location and any stroke related experience would suffice.
- Stay as close as possible to the purpose of the group – which is to encourage and inform stroke survivors and caregivers on aspects which may be of direct relevance and interest to them. Else the group may quickly become irrelevant and without purpose very soon, just like many other groups we may already be members of.
- Having said that, in the highly interconnected and dynamic world we live with, many things are subjective – what could be encouraging for me may have been seen ten times earlier by you, for instance. Please exercise your own discretion and judgement on same. And perhaps limit your posts to one a day. Best may be to try and be ‘original’ or add your input to what you post.
- Avoid controversial and irrelevant topics such as religion and politics. NO sales promotion of any kind. If sales promotion is your purpose of joining the group, please speak off-group to the admin to check possibilities. All who promote any paid product / service on the group are liable to be removed at any time.
- If you are forwarding something that seems ‘extraordinary’ ( even if relevant ) , it maybe better to check that it is not fake or unreliable to begin with, or at least add your comments thereupon that the same is not verified by you.
- Talk ! – this is very important and one of the main purposes of this group. Share your achievements and concerns. While there may not be ready and immediate solutions just the very act of talking and finding supportive people is a strong help. Please do NOT lurk around ..if you do not feel like speaking often, perhaps a message on a weekend would suffice.
- If a conversation is developing into a one to one dialogue, you may decide it is better to have the same off-group.
- If you have any serious issue concerning a group member, please talk off-group to the admin . Further, note that any advise you follow when given by anyone on the group is totally at your own risk and responsibility.
- You may like to ‘mute’ the group so you are not disturbed each time the group receives a message.
- Most of all, please try to add value via each message you post- major checks could be : Is it relevant ? Is it true ? and could it lead to conversations ?
A group is made by conversations amongst members. Thank you for joining in !
To have a good idea of what is discussed at our WhatsApp Group, please see this page carrying snippets of some recent conversations.
Present Group Members
Following are the short detail of present members of Stroke Support WhatsApp Group as provided by them. Hopefully it will help all members know a bit about each other for more effective interactions
If you are a member and wish to change any details herein, please contact Hardeep Sodhi, Group Admin. Similarly, if you leave the Group at any time, please let him know so that your details can be removed here as well. Many thanks.
|Name||Location||I am a :||Short Details|
|Abhilash Ghadei||Bhubaneshwar||Service Provider||SLP|
|Ad Adams Ebnezer||Ghana||Interested||Stroke Association Network, Ghana|
|Ambika B.||New Jersey||Service Provider||SLP|
|Anand Burman||Greater Noida||Survivor|
|Anand Santhanam||Dallas, Texas||Caregiver|
|Anant Arora||Kolkata||Service Provider||Medicines|
|Arshdeep Singh||Distt Ludhiana||Any Other|
|Arun Kumar Dutta||Delhi||Survivor|
|Bala Tripura Sundari A (Ms)||Hyderabad||Caregiver|
|Bharath Reddy||Bangalore||Service Provider|
|Chander Prakash Sachdeva||Delhi||Service Provider|
|D N Bhala||North 24 paraganas||Survivor|
|D. P. Bhatt||Greater Noida||Caregiver|
|Dakshta Vaid||Jammu||Service Provider||SLP|
|Dr. B. Kumar||Roorkee||Interested|
|Dr. Biplab Das||Gurgaon||Service Provider||Neurology and Neurointervention|
|Dr. Charmy Chheda||Mumbai||Service Provider||Physio|
|Dr. Chintvika Patel||Anand||Service Provider||Physio|
|Dr. Hanzala Shaikh||Gujarat||Service Provider||Physio|
|Dr. Jagdeep R.P.Singh||UK||Service Provider||GP|
|Dr. Raj Reddy||Hyderabad||Service Provider||Physio/Neurology|
|Dr. Stephen R. Christian||Anand||Service Provider||Neuropsychology|
|Dr. Sudheer Ambekar||Mumbai||Service Provider||Neurosurgeon|
|Dr. Sureshkumar Kamalakannan||Tamil Nadu &UK||Interested|
|Gouri Venu ( Speech cues)||Kerala||Service Provider||SLP|
|Habib Ali||Telangana, Hyderabad||Equipments||Rehab Engineering|
|Haral Sachin||dist Ahmednagar||Survivor|
|Hemina Dawar||Indore||Service Provider||SLP|
|Jasdev Maverick Sandhu||Malaysia||Service Provider|
|Jayanta Ghosh||Kolkata||Service Provider||Rehabilitation|
|K. Praveenkumar||Kadapa, AP||Caregiver|
|K. S. Dhingra||Delhi||Caregiver|
|Kaibalyabala Mohanty||Bhubaneshwar||Service Provider||SLP|
|Moshe Mark Ittleman||USA||Service Provider||SLP|
|N. Mahesh Babu||Andhra Pradesh||Caregiver|
|Namasivayam Ramaswamy||Navi Mumbai||Survivor|
|Pradeep Dadlani||Delhi||Any Other|
|Priti Agarwal||New Delhi||Caregiver|
|R. P. Singh||UK||Interested|
|Radhika Poovaiah||Bangalore||Service Provider||SLP|
|Raghunath Menon||Palakkad, Kerala||Survivor|
|Rakesh Kumar Vishwakarma||Lucknow||Any Other|
|Ramesh Yadav||Delhi||Service Provider|
|Rashesh Desai||Ahmedabad||Any Other|
|Raviraj Deb||Mumbai||Service Provider|
|S K Raja||Bangalore||Survivor|
|Sakshi Pal||Mumbai||Service Provider||SLP|
|Saseendran Madathil||Kerala, Tirur||Survivor|
|Seejal Shrest||Kolkata||Service Provider||SLP|
|Shashi Kant Dessai||Goa||Caregiver|
|Sonal Chitnis||Pune||Service Provider||SLP|
|Subhash Bhatnagar||USA||Service Provider||SLP|
|Subin Solomon||Kerala||Service Provider||Physio|
|Sunil Anand||New Delhi||Equipments|
|Umesh Bhandari||Delhi||Service Provider||Physio|
|Umesh Yede||Balaghat (MP)||Survivor|
|Vijay Bathina||Hyderabad||Service Provider||Physio|
|Vijay Laxmi Rustagi||Delhi||Caregiver|
|Vikas Sehgal||Ambala and Delhi||Caregiver|
To join the Group please see hereunder :
All Stroke Survivors, Caregivers, Physiotherapists, Doctors etc. -Join free non-commercial WhatsApp Group for knowledge sharing, support and encouragement via:
सभी स्ट्रोक / लकवा पीड़ित, उनकी देखभाल करने वाले, फिजियोथेरेपिस्ट, डॉक्टर्स इत्यादि ज्ञान साझा करने, समर्थन और प्रोत्साहन के लिए मुफ्त गैर-वाणिज्यिक व्हाट्सएप ग्रुप से जुड़ें:
ਸਾਰੇ ਸ੍ਟ੍ਰੋਕ ਰੋਗੀ , ਦੇਖਬਾਹਲ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ , ਫਿਜ਼ੀਓਥੈਰਾਪਿਸਟਾਂ, ਡਾਕਟਰਾਂ ਆਦਿ ਗਿਆਨ ਸਾਂਝਾ ਕਰਨ ਅਤੇ ਪ੍ਰੋਤਸਾਹਨ ਲਈ ਮੁਫਤ ਗੈਰ-ਵਪਾਰਕ ਵਟਸਐਪ ਸਮੂਹ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਮਲ ਹੋਵੋ :
The main communication language in the Group presently is English.
Your help in translating the above in other languages will be highly appreciated. Please use the Contact Form to send us the same. Many thanks!
HOW CAN THIS GROUP IMPROVE AND BECOME MORE USEFUL TO ALL MEMBERS ?
If you are a group member I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions from time to time as to how the group can become more useful to all . Please provide the same in the form below. Within constraints of time, resources and ability/ efforts, and balancing as much as possible of various opinions, we would do our best to make efforts accordingly. Thank you very much !
Join other Stroke Survivors, Caregivers and equipment/service providers for help, encouragement , knowledge sharing and most importantly – hope – via:
** Whatsapp Group: https://strokesupport.in/contact/
** ALL other means to connect with us, including Social Media Groups and Channels on Telegram, LinkedIn, Facebook ( in many local Indian Langages) , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube ; as well as means of Volunteering, giving Feedback, sharing your inputs etc. may all be found at :
Please DO have a look and join in wherever convenient as well as share.
Thank you VERY MUCH !